Monday, February 16, 2009

This morning bright and early was my ultrasound!! We had decided that since this is the last baby that we would make it a big deal and we wanted the boys to go and be a part of this. So we were up at 5:45 this morning getting ready and around 6:30 I asked Bryce to go get Kale up so he could eat before we got him dressed. I heard Kale kicking and screaming as Bryce dragged him into the living room. So I thought that I should go take a look and see what was wrong with him. When I got to the hallway Kale was already headed back to his room, he stomped passed me into his room tossed the door shut behind him and Bryce and I watched him, through the crack in the door, climb back into bed and pull the covers over his head. It was so cute, he really didn't want to be up that early. So I went in and said "Kale were going to go see the baby this morning, don't you want to go and see your baby?" He pulled back the covers, looked up at me and smiled then he reached out and touched my belly and said "baby" and he was up and out of bed!! Brody took a little less coaxing, just a little back scratch!! We were out the door by 7 am this morning!! We picked up my Mom so she could go with us and help out with the boys and were there right at 7:45 am. We were in with the technician at 8 and before we knew it there was our little baby on the screen above us. We all sat in wonder and looked at this incredible little being. The boys really loved it!! Then of course they have to look the baby over to make sure all is well and that's when the boys started to loose interest. But it was cute because when she was looking at the spine Brody named it right away. So we finally got to the exciting stuff and she asked if we wanted to know what we were having. Of course I said yes and then in the same breath said it's a boy isn't it? She laughed and said "It's a GIRL"!!!! I was so excited that I started to cry. At that very moment I had this overwhelming feeling that I was complete, my little family was complete and I feel so whole!!!! Wow, a little girl, we are so blessed!!! We are still working over the details of her name, but I am pretty sure her first name will be Settely. I'm still playing with the spelling but I figure we have four months left. I told Bryce he knows what this means, I want the baby's room!! It currently is the office, so I told him his days are numbered and we better get busy on the shop addition!! Brody and Kale are excited about their baby sister too!! What an exciting day, I cant help smiling all the time!!! Our little Girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment