Friday, February 27, 2009

Well the nesting fever has begun and I look at it this way, I might as well get the big stuff over with while I can still bend over and can still see my toes!! So over the weekend I moved Bryce's office into the spare room (what a project) and prepared the baby room to be painted. This week I went to Lowes with my colors and chose my paint, got a curtain rod and some cute brown curtains. Well I got home all excited about the colors I choose, a very light pink and a brown to accent it, and popped the lid of the pink paint poured it into the tray and started at the top of the ceiling to get a even line and just about died. That pretty, light pink was not pretty or light once it touched my walls. It was a cross between fuchsia and pepto bismol. I was about to cry when Bryce came in and started laughing. He made me forget about how devastating it was and made me mad that the paint was so miss judging. So I was back to Lowes and told them what happened and by then a really nice lady had taken over the paint department and helped me fix my big boo boo. She took me over to the whites and we found a very nice white with a light blush of pink in it, it turned out to be absolutely perfect. Then today Kale and I went on a hunt for a dresser slash changing table. I had already looked at some used changing dressers that were on consignment but they wanted $199 for them and they were so chinsy, made out of press board (I hate that stuff). So I decided to check out the antique stores. Kale and I finally ended up at the Laffayette School Antique store and found the most perfect dresser that was just the right height and length, it even has a beautiful mirror. I paid $195 for it, it's at least 50 some years old and it's in perfect shape and very sturdy! The best part about it is how perfect it fits in our little girls room!! So her room is done, just a few other things to do like make a chair cover for a stuffed rocking chair I have for her room and put some wall hangings up and maybe find a small bookcase for her and that's it. It was so much fun!!! I love to just go stand in there and look at her room, I cant wait for her to be here in our arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment