Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Settelly's Birth

Sorry that it has taken me forever to put up pictures and a post, I have been adjusting to having three children now! Well here is the story of our precious little girl.
On the evening of June 28th we went out to Grandma and Grandpa Roberts, just like any Sunday evening. I hadn't had any contraction's for the last three or four days and was beginning to think that I was imagining this whole baby thing!!!!! I had tried every natural thing to encourage this little baby who was now almost a week over due, but she was being stubborn. So that evening we were getting ready to leave and Bryce suggested a jump on the trampoline, so I thought "WHY NOT"!! So I got up there and jumped for about a good minute and was totally out of breath. Feeling just fine with no sense of what was about to come we went home, put the boys to bed and went to bed at about ten o'clock Sunday night. At 11:45 that night I shot straight out of bed with a massive contraction. When it passed my first thought was, Is it possible to skip the first two fazes of labor and go straight into active labor?, because if this isn't active labor I will never make it. Then less than a minute later I had another massive contraction. At this point Bryce was timing them and was concerned that they were so strong and less than a minute apart. He kept telling me "ITS TIME TO CALL THE MIDWIFE" but i guess that I really wanted to be sure so we waited until 12:30 am to call her. She could hear me in the back ground when Bryce called and said "its time to get to the birthing center". So Bryce called my parents next and my Dad headed for our house so we wouldn't have to wake up the boys. By the time my dad got there I was scared to death of getting in the car because the contraction's were so hard and close but I got in, told Bryce to drive like heck and grabbed onto the handle of Settelly's car seat (which was already locked into position in the middle of the back seat) and held on for dear life. I had six contraction's on the seven minute drive to the birthing center and when we got there I told Bryce get me out of this car before I have another one. I got out made it ten steps had another contraction and blew through the front door. Standing there were my three Midwifes smiling, I went right passed them into the room kicked my sandals off on the way and hit the edge of the dresser had a contraction and then less than 20 seconds later had another contraction, this one was totally different, all I could do was bear down, she was coming!!
My Midwife Patricia told me it was time to get in the tub. I got in and a less than thirty minutes later my beautiful baby girl was laid on my chest, she never cried, she just looked straight up into my eyes and stared at me. I could not believe it, I've never seen a baby born like that before, so unstressed and unaffected by birth. This was one of the most incredible experiences I'd ever had. Truly the most gentle birth ever, she was never taken away from me, all the weighing and measuring was left for later, no being frantically wiped off by nurses or poked at she was put directly into my arms, what a most beautiful birth, my only regret is that I wish that I could have given my boys such a gentle and beautiful birth. Start to finish my labor and delivery was only two hours long, I guess that three weeks of contraction's really paid off!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment